At Australian Venue Co, we take pride in being responsible members of our community and working together to be better than before, in the way we engage with our team members, our customers, our communities and our planet.
We know that our team is what makes AVC the best in the business. We strive to create and maintain an inspiring and inclusive company culture and to help turn hospitality jobs into rewarding careers.
We have a number of employee programs designed to create career pathways, promote diversity and inclusion and promote employee satisfaction.
2020 Employee Assistance
During both of Melbourne’s 2020 lockdowns, AVC put its team and resources to work through a number of initiatives to support its staff during the crisis. These include providing free meals ‘Meals for Hospo Mates’ and supporting visa workers not entitled to Government assistance through a Hardship Relief Fund.
- Meals for Hospo Mates – Throughout the Meals for Hospo Mates program, AVC distributed over 80,000 free meals to support its staff and others within the hospitality community. The program saw a team of AVC staff employed on JobKeeper hours come together each week to cook and distribute the free meals
- Hardship Relief Fund – This fund supported AVC’s visa workers who were not entitled to government assistance. In total, AVC spent over $1.27 million dollars supporting workers not eligible for government support across 2020.
Our Employee Programs
Australian Venue Co is proud to support community & charity organisations across the country, big and small. From local community groups to national fundraising drives, we love to get behind a great cause.
- $29,000 was raised for Rural Aid by Australian Venue Co’s national Parma for a Farmer campaign
- $35,000 was raised for six LGBTQIA+ charities at The Wickham’s 2019 Big Gay Day event
- $46,000 was raised for Sacred Heart Mission, raised by Melbourne venues in 2019
- $192,000 was raised for the PA Foundation’s Mandate program, which was raised by Queensland venues
- $320,000 was raised for the National Bushfire Disaster Relief Fund, in response to the 2020 bushfires
We’re currently looking for a national charity partner, which has national impact and which we can support and work with across our 160+ venues.
We’re always innovating on behalf of our customers, to make it easier and more enjoyable to catch up with friends and family and celebrate everyday occasions at our venues.
- Contactless Ordering – Australian Venue Co is the first large hospitality group in Australia to roll out mobile ordering at scale
- The Australian Venue Co App – The AVC App makes it easy for our customers to earn points, rewards & other special perks
- Activations & Pop Ups – From winter wonderlands to Euro-inspired beach clubs, we’re always working on the next big thing. Our most popular pop ups include The Winter Village, The Exchange Beach Club & Yarra Kitchen & Bar.
We’re exploring ways we can reduce waste, re-use and recycle in our venues and offices every day to help us tread more gently on the planet.
We’ve started an exciting Eco Incubator program, which works with our team at Bungalow8 in Sydney to trial new sustainability measures in the venue. We’re testing initiatives at Bungalow8, to perfect them before rolling out to our other venues group-wide.
What we’re working on:
- Single Use Plastics – We’re on a mission to significantly reduce single use plastics in our bars & kitchens
- Recycling – We’re working on maximising our recycling program participation & exploring ways to use more recycled products
- Composting – We’re trialling a composting program to divert bar offcuts & compostable kitchen waste from landfill
- Plant-based menus – We’re dialling up the number of plant based menu options on our menus. Meat-free alternatives are now widely available for two of our most popular pub classics: our Eggplant Parmas & Beyond Burgers have been an instant hit!