Australian Venue Co. Limited (ABN 14 607 666 348), Queensland Venue Co. Pty Ltd (ABN 57 079 861 626) and their related bodies corporate (Australian Venue Co.) take our responsible service of gaming (RSG) obligations very seriously and we are committed to providing responsible gambling in our venues and actively support the promotion and encouragement of responsible gambling.
Gambling is enjoyed by the majority of people responsibly, however Australian Venue Co. recognises that problem gambling is a serious issue for the community and that a small number of people are harmed by their gambling activities.
We are committed to providing the appropriate assistance and information to our patrons to ensure they can make informed decisions about their gambling. Team members who work in the gaming areas of our venues undergo specific training and regularly participate in updates to ensure that they are fully aware of their obligations under both law and relevant codes of practice. Australian Venue Co. does not participate in any campaign that might promote problem gambling.
We aim to provide gaming facilities that can be enjoyed responsibly by:
- promoting responsible gambling at all times;
- displaying information for gambling help services, counselling services and other support services at all times;
- advertising, offering and providing an exclusion/barring program at all times;
- ensuring that ATM facilities are not located within the gambling area or in close proximity to any gambling areas, including TAB areas;
- ensuring all advertising promotions and marketing campaigns promote responsible gambling and adhere to related legislation;
- requiring all patron interaction involving problematic gambling behaviour to be recorded and reported to the Venue Manager;
- we only pay out winnings in accordance with legislative requirements and encouraging a cooling off break when doing so;
- providing complimentary tea, coffee and water at all times;
- team members are encouraged to interact with patrons while providing service, to encourage breaks in play and escalate any sign of problem gambling;
- displaying the time on all machines and by use of clocks or natural daylight/night-time awareness is prominent;
- prohibiting credit betting at all times; and
- displaying mandatory signage at all times.
As part of our responsible service of gaming policy our key focus areas for compliance include:
- Minors will not be permitted in any gaming room and where possible, we will not permit minors to be in any wagering areas of the venue or reduce vision of this areas. Minors will not be permitted to consume liquor or be served liquor and we require photo identification from any persons who appear under 25 years of age and only accept the approved forms of photo ID as permitted under applicable State or Territory law.
- Not only do our team members complete mandatory RSG or equivalent qualifications prior to performing gaming duties, but we ensure additional and ongoing refresher training is provided on a regular basis.
- Self-excluded patrons are not permitted to enter the areas of the venue from which they are excluded. Team members are encouraged to regularly refresh and review exclusion registers.
- Contraventions (breaches) of exclusions/barrings are reported to the relevant regulator immediately.
- Team members are not allowed to provide credit betting under any circumstances. It is an offence to provide a loan or extend credit to enable a person to gamble. This includes a team member extending credit to themselves so that they can place a bet, play keno or play a gaming machine.
- Any regulator inspections, letters or contact are reported to the Compliance team immediately.
- Intoxicated or disorderly customers are not permitted to gamble, and alternate transport options are provided or supported to assist patron home.
- Advertising gaming machines internally and externally are only permitted within the relevant state specific guidelines and where relevant, Gambling Codes of Practice are adhered to.
- We handle customer complaints professionally and promptly and always escalate to the most senior person on duty. We record all complaints in our complaints register and regular review by our Operations and Compliance teams are conducted.