There’s nothing more Aussie than vegemite! Vegemite fans, why not give Chef Telina’s favourite childhood memory-inspired dessert a go at home.
300 gm whipping cream
4 x small free eggs
150 gm sugar
Dash of vanilla essence
Soft brioche loaf or sliced bread
Salt and vinegar crisps
1. Whip the cream & added vegemite and keep in the fridge
2. Separate the egg yolks from the white then beat the whites until standing in firm peaks
3. Stir in sugar and vanilla, beating firmly with a whisk until you have a smooth, shiny consistency
4. Fold in the egg yolks without over-beating, and finally add the whipped cream
5. Fill into a take away container and freeze for at least 5 hours
6. Remove the parfait from the freezer 5minutes before serving onto a chopping board and slice off a chunk of vegemite parfait.
7. Load bread full of delicious vegemite parfait a handful of salt & vinegar chips, fold in half and enjoy!
Tip: For an extra vegemite hit, butter the bread and smother in black gold and then load with parfait and crisps
Not for the faint hearted…. ENJOY!
Text can be updated in global fields.
Stay up to date with AVC special offers and events