If you can’t spare a moment to head into the awesome Henley’s then we wouldn’t want you to miss out, and we’re definitely not ones to gatekeep, get their Spicy Tijuana Street Bowl whenever you want it!
Our Executive Chef Jason Roberson headed into The Morning Show to show them just how lunch-worthy this dish is, or dinner-worthy if you’re looking for something to satisfy that Mexican craving without too much effort after work.
• 1 x ripe avocado
• ¼ bunch x coriander
• 2 x limes
• ¼ x Iceberg lettuce
• ½ x punnet cherry tomatoes
• 1 x small tin black beans (drained & rinsed)
• 400g x peeled Australian green prawns.
• ¼ x teaspoon chilli powder
• ½ x teaspoon Smokey paprika powder
• 50 ml x olive oil
• 1 x small packet blue corn chips (yellow corn chips also works well)
• 1 x pinch sea salt
• 200ml x sour cream
• 100ml x mayonnaise
• 2 x tablespoons chopped Coriander.
• 2 x tablespoons finely sliced chives
• ½ x teaspoon garlic powder
1. Slice prawns vertically in half and marinate with chilli powder, paprika, a small amount of olive oil and sea salt. Lay on a lined baking tray and roast for 4 mins at 220c in a hot oven. – note prawns best served warm.
2. Halve avocado, deseed, and take out of skin using a spoon. Place in bowl and squeeze with ½ a lime, 20ml of olive oil, 2 tablespoons of chopped coriander and season with sea salt. Mix with a fork to form a chunky style Guacamole.
3. Wash Iceberg lettuce and finely slice. Wash and halve cherry tomatoes. Drain Black beans and chill all in the fridge.
4. Pick remaining coriander into sprigs for garnishing the salad.
Place all ingredients in a mixing bowl and whisk till combined.
1. In a bowl place each ingredient around the outside of the dish in a circular style leaving space in the middle for the corn chips and one space for a ramekin of the ranch style dressing
2. Dress all the ingredients last minute before serving with a healthy squeeze of fresh lime juice, olive oil and season with a small amount of sea salt.
3. Place the ranch dressing on the salad in its ramekin, place corn chips in the middle and garnish with coriander sprigs.
Stay up to date with AVC special offers and events